Friday, April 16, 2010

Reflection on These Seven Weeks

Some of my core reflections:
  1. Sometimes I act like a teenager: I instant message my husband throughout the day to stay connected.
  2. Sometimes I act twice my age: I still like my phone to be a device for voice communication.
  3. I still have a greater affinity for the Cuban Perspective than the Pea perspective when it comes to technology.
  4. I am more open to the value of virtual worlds and the possibilities of collaborative technology than I was before this course.
  5. There are so many exciting possibilities for learning and creating available at hand.
  6. I probably will never be an early adopter, but I also won't often be the last to experiment either.
  7. The educational (not just digital) divides in the US and around the world require commitment, sensitivity, creativity, and tenacity to address; they also require practicality, time and properly allocated resources.


Cuban, L. (1998). The Pros and Cons of Technology in the Classroom, Pea and Cuban Debate Bay Area School Reform Collaborative Funders' Learning Community Meeting, Palo Alto, CA February 5, 1998; Retrieved May 13, 2009 from TappedIn
Web site: http://tappedin.org/archive/peacuban/cuban.html

Pea, R. (1998). The Pros and Cons of Technology in the Classroom, Pea and Cuban Debate
Bay Area School Reform Collaborative Funders' Learning Community Meeting, Palo Alto, CA February 5, 1998; Retrieved May 13, 2009 from TappedIn
Web site: http://tappedin.org/archive/peacuban/pea.html

No comments:

Post a Comment